What is Title III?
Title III Strengthening Institutions Program is a competitive grant program administered by the United States Department of Education. Through the Title III Strengthening Institutions Program, colleges and universities may use the money for a variety of purposes, including faculty development and improving academic programs.
How will Title III benefit SVC?
In 2015, SVC received a five-year, $2,107,806 Title III grant from the United States Department of Education. At SVC, the grant will be used to implement the College’s student success initiatives, including restructuring the student’s first-quarter experience, student support services and advising model, and integrating more student-centered instructional strategies and culturally responsive practices both inside and outside the classroom. The grant will also focus on decreasing the opportunity gap between Latino and non-Latino students while improving the retention and completion rates of all students. The money will go toward hiring more staff, including bilingual staff, to help students navigate the College, training faculty and staff, and upgrading the technology at the College.
SVC Title III Goals
- Increase retention and completion rates by increasing the percent of all students achieving momentum points and completing a degree or certificate.
- Increase culturally responsive practices throughout the college and strengthen the delivery system of essential support services to improve student retention and completion.
- Increase revenue and the long-term fiscal sustainability of the college by increasing student transition from pre-college to college-level courses, and subsequent retention and completion rates.
- Kenny Lawson, VP Instruction (Project Director)
- Marilyn Franklin, Dir. Institutional Planning (Project Manager)
- Sandy Jordan, Activity Director
- Dave Paul, VP Student Services
- Laura Cailloux, VP WIC
- Ed Jaramillo, VP Admin
- Crystal Allison, Assoc. Dean for Financial Aid
- Eric Anderson, Faculty Counselor
- Brian Brady, Faculty
- Calleen Coorough, Faculty
- Sinead Fitzpatrick Plagge, Assoc. Dean Enrollment Services
- Darren Greeno, Dean Workforce
- Brian Hanchett, Faculty Counselor
- Andy Heiser, Dir. Information Technology
- Gabriel Mast, Dean Arts & Sciences
- Ted O’Connell, Faculty
- Evan Picton, Assoc. Dir. Institutional Planning
- Gretchen Robertson, Faculty
- Joan Youngquist, Dean Basic Education