If you want to specialize in parks law enforcement, this is your program! SVC's Parks Law Enforcement Academy is approved by the National Park Service and other federal land management agencies as a Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program (SLETP).
As a graduate of the academy, you will gain a competitive edge in seeking jobs with the various agencies in the law enforcement community. Our graduates have been highly successful in securing employment with the National Park Service, Washington State Parks, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Everett City Parks, and many other federal, state, county and city land management agencies (contact specific agencies for employment requirements).
- 720-hour winter program, January-April.
- Each cadet is issued an iPad for the duration of the academy. The iPad is loaded with academy curriculum and enabled for classroom and field use.
- Curriculum Includes
- Contemporary law enforcement tactics and legal information for visitor protection.
- Emphasis on natural, cultural, and historic resources protection methods.
- Particular attention to hands-on experiential problem-based.
- You must be 21 years of age or older, and be physically and mentally fit for service
- You must successfully pass a criminal history and background check, drug analysis screening, and application review by the academy's Advisory Committee.
Pathways for Youth: Developing Stewards at North Cascades from North Cascades National Park on Vimeo.
Placement and Completion Data