Skagit Valley College logo

Transfer Degrees

A Transfer Degree is a great option for any student who wants to pursue a Bachelors degree. A transfer degree allows you to complete general education courses, start on requirements for your chosen major and be ready to transfer to a four year college or a university with junior standing. You save money, time, and get a great education.

All our faculty have Masters or PhD degrees in their discipline and they also have training and experience in teaching in ways that both challenge and support students to gain the knowledge and skills needed to be successful before and after transfer. Students from SVC have successfully transferred to all Washington state public and private colleges as well as many out of state colleges including top rated schools such as Stanford, MIT, UC Davis, etc …

SVC has a number of two-year transfer associate degrees.. View general information about our transfer options below, or use the navigation menu to go directly to the degree requirements.

Associates in Arts - DTA

The Associates in Arts Direct Transfer agreement is our most popular transfer degree and is accepted for transfer to all Washington State public four-year institutions and most Washington state private colleges, as well as many colleges and universities outside of Washington. 

Major Ready Program - DTA

Major Ready Programs allow students to take both General Education courses and major-specific courses in preparation for transfer to a four-year college or university with junior standing where they complete their General Education and major requirements. SVC Major Ready Programs include: Biology, Business and Pre-Nursing

Associate in Science Transfer AS-T

The Associates in Science –Transfer degree is for students planning to pursue a Bachelor's degree in the physical sciences. Track 1 is for students pursuing Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Geology. Track 2 is for students pursuing Physics, Engineering or Computer Science.

Associate in Applied Science - Transfer

AAS-T degrees are two year technical degrees that articulate for transfer with specific four year institutions.

Articulated Transfer Degrees

Articulated Transfer Degrees allow students to work toward general education and major courses required by a specific four year institution. SVC Articulated Transfer Degree options include: Associate in Music at WWU, and Associate in Visual Arts at WSU.

Contact Us

All Campuses & Centers