A Safe Place to Work and Learn
SVC is an inherently safe college campus; however, it is subject to many of the same problems that occur in the community. The following information is intended to make you aware of what safety measures are available to you.
The Mount Vernon SECURITY OFFICE has Campus Security personnel on duty seven days a week. The college has two full-time and several part-time security officers. Security personnel patrol the campus regularly and can be reached via their cellular phone at 416-7777. Each of the student parking lots is equipped with an emergency radio call-box.
Campus Security provides assistance with:
- Locking/unlocking buildings
- Dead batteries
- Nighttime escorts to and from parking lots upon request
- Parking assistance at start of quarter
- Parking regulations and enforcement
- Enforcing smoking policies
- Enforcing skateboard and bicycle policies
- Coordinating emergency contacts as indicated
- The overall security of the campus
On the Whidbey Island Campus, security service can be reached at 360-770-5393.
Service is provided:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
View Security Report PDF