Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island Campus: April 6, 2015
Ready...Set...Go! Join us at SVC before school starts to get what you need to start the new quarter right! Get your books, supplies, parking pass/bus pass, and free student planner. Review the list below to see what you can accomplish during Prep for Success.
Attention New Students!
Plan to attend New Student Orientation, which offers need-to-know information for a successful start to your educational career.
View New Student Orientation
- Check/print your schedule
- Check Financial Aid status
- Buy your books
- Have a day planner/phone for keeping track of deadlines, assignment due dates, and tests. A free student planner/handbook is available from Student Life: Mount Vernon: Knutzen Cardinal Center C-50, 360.416.7611; Whidbey Island: Old Main Building Room 2, 360.679.5311
- Schedule advising meeting with your faculty advisor
- Gather organization tools/school supplies
- Binder/folder for handouts
- Paper/pens or laptop for taking notes
- Backpack/bag to keep everything in
- Know where you are going
- Parking pass/bus pass
- Parking pass (Mount Vernon Campus): You must have a parking pass if you plan to park on campus, the price of which is included in the student fees paid at registration. Parking passes are available in the Cardinal Center in the Security office. Visit here for more information. 360.416.7777. A parking pass is not required at teh Whidbey Island Campus.
- Bus pass: You can purchase a SKAT bus pass for $15 each quarter. Go to the cashier's window located in the Admissions and Registration office with a current student ID to pay for and receive a bus pass.
- Know where you log in!
- Log in the first day
- Plan to log in every day