September 17 & 18 11am-6pm and September 19 12:30pm-3:30pm
Ready...Set...Go! Join us at the SVC Mount Vernon Campus before school starts this fall to get what you need to start the new quarter right! The Prep for Success open house will be held September 17 & 18 11am-6pm and September 19 12:30pm-3:30pm. Stop by and enjoy snacks, drawings, and learn more about campus while you prepare to begin class on September 22. A complete schedule will be posted closer to the event; in the meantime, check the list below to see what you can accomplish during Prep for Success:
- Buy your books!
- Organization tools/school supplies
- Day planner/phone for keeping track of deadlines, assignment due dates, and tests
- A free student planner/handbook is available from Student Life, located:
Mount Vernon: Knutzen Cardinal Center C-50, 360.416.7611
Whidbey Island: Old Main Building Room 2, 360.679.5311
- Binder/folder for handouts
- Paper/pens or laptop for taking notes
- Backpack/bag to keep everything in!
- Know where you are going!
- Parking pass/bus pass
- Parking pass: You must have a parking pass if you plan to park on campus, the price of which is included in the student fees paid at registration. To get one, go to the Safety and Security office located in Roberts Hall T-35, 360.416.7777. During Prep for Success, parking passes will be available in the Cardinal Center. Visit www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_1076 for more information.
- Bus pass: You can purchase a SKAT bus pass for $15 each quarter. Go to the cashier's window located in the Admissions and Registration office with a current student ID to pay for and receive a bus pass.
- Buy your books!
- Know where you log in!
- Log in the first day
- Plan to log in every day