Mount Vernon Campus: September 17 & 18, 11am-6pm and September 19, 12:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m.
Whidbey Island Campus: September 19, 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Ready...Set...Go! Join us at SVC before school starts this fall to get what you need to start the new quarter right! Get your books, supplies, parking pass/bus pass, and free student planner. Stop by and enjoy snacks, drawings, and learn more about campus while you prepare to begin class on September 22. A variety of info sessions will be offered - click the button below to check out the schedule! Also, review the list below to see what you can accomplish during Prep for Success.
View Schedule of Events
- Check/print your schedule
- Check Financial Aid status
- Buy your books
- Have a day planner/phone for keeping track of deadlines, assignment due dates, and tests. A free student planner/handbook is available from Student Life: Mount Vernon: Knutzen Cardinal Center C-50, 360.416.7611; Whidbey Island: Old Main Building Room 2, 360.679.5311
- Schedule advising meeting with your faculty advisor
- Gather organization tools/school supplies
- Binder/folder for handouts
- Paper/pens or laptop for taking notes
- Backpack/bag to keep everything in
- Know where you are going
- Parking pass/bus pass
- Parking pass: You must have a parking pass if you plan to park on campus, the price of which is included in the student fees paid at registration. During Prep for Success, parking passes will be available in the Cardinal Center. Visit www.skagit.edu/news.asp_Q_pagenumber_E_1076 for more information. If you want to get one before or after the event, visit the Safety and Security office located in Roberts Hall T-35, 360.416.7777.
- Bus pass: You can purchase a SKAT bus pass for $15 each quarter. Go to the cashier's window located in the Admissions and Registration office with a current student ID to pay for and receive a bus pass.
- Know where you log in!
- Log in the first day
- Plan to log in every day