Services To Help You Succeed
No qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from the participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of any public entity, or be subject to discrimination by any such entity. Americans with Disabilities Act, 1990 (Section 202).
Skagit Valley College, and other community and technical colleges in Washington, offer a number of support services for students with disabilities to ensure access to programs and facilities. Each campus is organized to provide reasonable accommodations including core services to qualified students with disabilities.
You are eligible for services if you . . .
- Have a physical, mental or sensory impairment that substantially limits one or more of your life activities;
- Are perceived to have such an impairment;
- Have a record of such impairment or have an abnormal condition that is medically cognizable or diagnosable.
What services are available? Services are provided on an individual basis to help you succeed. Services include:
- Accessible facilities
- Alternate educational media
- Alternate testing
- Disability parking
- Manual and oral interpreters
- Note taking
- Priority registration
- Reading services
- Specialized equipment
- Taping services
What are your responsibilities?
- Identify yourself to the DAS Office as a student with a qualifying disability;
- Provide acceptable documentation regarding your disability (see acceptable documentation standards);
- Request qualified accommodations from the DAS Office each quarter;
- Request services in a timely manner;
- Meet and maintain academic standards.