To take the GED exam, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Washington State resident
- At least 16 years of age.
- Currently not attending high school.
- If under 19 years of age, candidates must provide a high school release form (obtainable from a high school in the area were you currently live), or if homeschooled, a notarized statement of homeschooling.
A valid form of Identification (ID) is required and must include the candidate’s address, date of birth, signature, and photograph. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Washington State Driver’s License
- Washington State Photo ID
- Military ID
- Valid passport
Note: Student ID cards, ASB cards, temporary driver’s license/ID, out of state ID and expired ID are not acceptable forms of ID.