Skagit Valley College logo

Frequently Asked Questions

When Are Financial Aid Applications Due?

FAFSA Applications become available on October 1st of the calendar year, for the following school year. You are encouraged to submit your FAFSA as soon as possible - be sure to include Skagit Valley College's Federal School Code (003792) so that we receive your application.

Applications may be submitted for the current academic year up through June of that year. However, additional information may be needed in order to complete processing of your application.

In order to ensure your financial aid award is completed prior to the start of your first quarter of attendance, your FAFSA application must be received and all requested documents must be submitted to our office by the dates below. Also, the priority funding consideration deadline for all quarters of the 2018-2019 academic year, is April 1, 2018.



When will I find out if I get financial aid?

Financial aid applications are evaluated and reviewed according to Expected Family Contribution, availability of funds, and the date your file is completed within the award cycles listed above. By completing the application process before the end of the award cycle date, you will have your eligibility determined before the start of the quarter. Award notifications will be sent to your official MySVC email account once your eligibility has been determined. You will also be able to view your award information on the Financial Aid Portal.

Do I have to be enrolled full-time to get financial aid?

No! Pell Grant recipients are eligible to receive funding at a reduced enrollment with at least one credit. Several other forms of aid are available at less than full-time enrollment as well. Please contact our office for information on how reducing your enrollment may affect your financial aid award.

Can I transfer my financial aid?

You cannot automatically transfer your financial aid from one school to another. You must complete the application process at the college or university that you plan to attend. You should contact the school that you are transferring to and find out about their application process. If you will be transferring to SVC from another school, please contact us at (360) 416-7666.

Can I get financial aid for Summer Quarter?

Yes, limited types of financial aid are available during the summer quarter. Financial aid is available to students in early July, if your financial aid file is complete prior to the summer priority deadline of May 1st. However, you are responsible for ensuring your tuition is paid by the deadline established by Enrollment Services, as financial aid awards will not be made prior to the start of summer quarter. Students who plan to attend summer should be prepared to pay tuition and the cost of books up front to start the quarter.