Configuring IMAP for Entourage 2008
This item provides information on these topics:
OverviewThis document will help you configure an IMAP account for Entourage 2008.
Step 1: Creating Your Account
- Open Entourage.
- If the "Set Up Assistant" automatically pops up, skip to step 3.
- If the "Set Up Assistant" does not automatically pop up, click on the Entourage pull down menu and select "Account Settings" (photo 1a).
- Click the "New" button (photo 1b).
Step 2: Selecting an IMAP Account
- Select an IMAP account for the "Account Type".
- Press the "Setup Assistant" button (photo 2a).
Step 3: Your E-Mail Address
- Enter your e-mail address.
- Click the "Configure Account Manually" button.
Step 4: Configuring Your Account Manually
- Under the "Account Settings" tab, fill in the name of your account in the blank.
- Fill out your personal information, including name and e-mail address.
Step 4a: Receiving Mail
- Under "Receiving Mail", fill in the account ID.
- Use "mail.skagit.edu" as your IMAP server.
- Click the button "Click here for advanced receiving options", and make sure that the top box is checked. The POP port needs to be 993.
Step 4b: Sending Mail
- Use "your ISP provider" as your SMTP server under "Sending Mail". The example below shows Comcast as an example
- Click the button "Click here for advanced sending options", and make sure that the first and third boxes and the second bubble (Log On using...) is checked.
- Enter in your ISP username and password. Again the example shows Comcast.
- Click the "OK" button.