Information & Instructions
- Document due dates are suggested dates. You may submit requested items at any time. Files are awarded and reviewed in groups by the order in which they are received.
Priority File Completion Deadlines:
- If tax returns are required you must request an official tax transcript from the IRS. The Financial Aid Office will not make copies of your return.
- Photocopies of your return are not acceptable.
- To order a tax return transcript go to www.irs.gov Under TOOLS, click on Get Transcript of Your Tax Records. Under Get Transcript, click on blue box Get Transcript ONLINE. CREATE AN ACCOUNT then follow instructions to get your Tax Return Transcript.
- Other items may be requested as a part of the file review process to clarify or resolve discrepancies. Please submit these items in a timely manner.
- If a verification worksheet is required make sure you complete all sections of the form.
- Failure to complete all sections of all forms will result in significant delays to the processing of your application. A blank space indicates you did not answer the question and the form will be returned to you.
- Files will be awarded as quickly as possible in the group order they are received. If you miss the file completion priority filing deadlines, you should be prepared to pay for your own tuition and books until your award is processed.
- Forms should be completed and submitted electronically, or printed and submitted using blue or black ink (NO PENCIL).
- Students who plan on applying for Federal Direct Student Loans for the Summer through Spring upcoming school year must wait until after June 1 to complete the loan application process. Applications for loans prior to June 1 cannot be processed.
- Loan applications will not be put into the processing cycle until your Financial Aid file is reviewed, completed, and your award notification or grant ineligibility letter has been issued.
- Award letters and all other correspondence from the Financial Aid Office will be emailed to your official mySVC email account.
- Depending on the time of year there may be a 8-10 week delay in processing files due to heavy volume.
- Long waits at the counter or on the phone can be expected at many times during the year due to the extremely high number of students applying for financial aid. Please be patient. We will serve you as quickly as possible.
- Students at the Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island campuses will need to "take a number" outside the Financial Aid Office door in order to be served.