Orientation & Training
- Mount Vernon Campus: September 14th 10:00-11:00 AM and 1:45-2:45 PM in Lewis Hall 206 & 208
- Whidbey Island Campus: September 14th 1:00-2:00 PM in Oak Hall, Second Floor
If you miss the in-person workshops you can still enroll in the course and complete the orientation at your own pace.
Take the Introduction to Online Learning Canvas course if you are new to online learning.
- Students can expect to gain information regarding: 1) Hands-on experience with basic functions within Canvas (post to a discussion, submit an assignment, take a self-evaluation survey). 2) Differences between course formats (face-to-face, hybrid, online). 3) What is necessary to be successful in an online class 4) Support resources available at SVC.
- You will be prompted to login to Canvas using your MySVC email address and password.
- If you missed in-person workshops, you can still enroll in the course and complete Introduction to Online Learning at your own pace.
- Take a quick multiple-choice quiz “Is Online Learning for Me?” to help you assess if you are ready to take online classes.
- Refer to the Technical Requirements page to verify that your computer is capable of working with the Canvas environment. Keep in mind that distance courses require you to have reliable access to a computer with an Internet connection.
Where you get help from depends on the type of help you are seeking.
- Course specific questions (about course content, assignment due dates, tests, etc): Contact your instructor.
- General questions about eLearning (ex. Log In, Canvas, etc.): Check the eLearning General Questions page. Sudent Online Support (SOS): 360-416-2562 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Live Chat
- Canvas technical issues: click Help link located in the lower left corner of your Canvas page or check Canvas Student Guide
- Library services: 360.416.7847
- Registration/admissions: (360) 416-7766
- Information Technology questions (student e-mail, wireless connection, computer information, etc): Contact IT HelpDesk 360-416-7770 or email: email@example.com
- Special accommodations for students with a disability: Contac the SVC Access Services Office at 360.416.7959 or Justin Justin.Smock@skagit.edu for the Mount Vernon Campus and 360-679-5393 or Natalie.Skouson@skagit.edu for the Whidbey Island.