Skagit Valley College logo

Drop-In Students

Are you not seeking a degree or certificate at Skagit Valley College, but are interested in taking academic or professional/technical courses? You may be a non-degree seeking student, or “Drop-In” student!

You are a Drop-In student if:

  • You want to take up to a few courses to transfer to another college or university and are not seeking a degree or certificate from Skagit Valley College
  • You want to take courses of interest for personal enrichment

Admission and Registration: As a Drop-In student, you do not need to apply for admission. You can register for courses using the Class Registration Form and register either in person or by submitting your completed form to Registration forms will be accepted during the registration period for the upcoming quarter. If you are a new student, you can register on the first day of New Student Registration. If you are a returning student with previous credits, registration date/times are determined per number of previous credits. Contact to determine your date/time. 

Many courses at Skagit Valley College require prerequisite(s) or placement. If you are interested in taking a course that has a prerequisite or placement requirement you will need to submit a previous college transcript or placement exam showing that you have met the requirement with your registration form.

Late registration:  After the third day of the quarter, students must have instructor permission to Enroll in a course.

Tuition and fees: See the Academic Calendar for quarterly tuition due dates. If you register on or after a quarterly tuition due date, you must pay upon registration. You will not receive a bill in the mail.  Keep track of your place on any waitlists. Your fees are due immediately upon automatic enrollment from the waitlist.  

Drop-In students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid no matter when classes are taken. In addition, an evaluation of transfer credit will not be completed until the student applies and is admitted as a degree-seeking student. Any credits earned as a non-degree seeking student may be applied toward a degree at a later date.