Skagit Valley College logo

Application Steps for International Students

If you would like to apply using our online application, please click the button below.

Apply Online

If you would like to apply using our paper application form, please follow the steps below.

Before You Begin

Please note that all documents should be written in English or accompanied by an official English translation.

As part of Skagit Valley College policy, once you have submitted your application materials we will not return or make copies for you. It is your responsibility to make copies of materials before submitting them with your application.

Student applicants taking advantage of our NO TOEFL policy will be issued an I-20 for Language Training until proficiency has been met.


Step 1


Fill Out Application

Complete international student application for admission. Applications can be obtained by calling, emailing, faxing or writing to the address below. Click Here to download a PDF version of the Application for printing and submission.

  • International Programs Office
    Skagit Valley College
    2405 East College Way
    Mount Vernon, WA 98273-5899 U.S.A.

    Telephone:(360) 416-7734
    Fax (360) 416-7868

Step 2

Submit a copy of your passport.


Step 3

Submit Official Bank Statement

The bank statement must show at least $19,374 and complete Certificate of Financial Responsibility (sponsor letter).
Click Here for information on total cost of attendance

Step 4

Submit Official Transcripts

Please include high school and any previous colleges, including any ESL training.

Step 5

If Applicable, Submit A TOEFL Score

This will not be necessary for students who wish to take advantage of our "No TOEFL" policy. The SVC code for your TOEFL score is 4699. See English Language Requirements page for details.

Click Here for English Language Requirements

Step 6

Submit Application Fee

Please submit $50 (U.S.) for the application processing fee.

If you are a Transfer Student

International Students Transfering from another US College

International students attending college in the U.S. and who plan to transfer to Skagit Valley College should also submit:

  • Copy of I-94
  • Copy of all previous I-20's issued
  • Transfer students information sheet completed by your current International Student Advisor
  • Copy of passport pages that contain photograph and VISA information