Recruiting Opportunities Available At Skagit Valley College
The Skagit Valley College Career Services Team looks forward to partnering with the business community to help find freshly trained and motivated employees. Our students are always seeking opportunities to apply and demonstrate their newly learned skills. Whether it's a paid, full or part time job, a work study opportunity or a work based learning position for credit, our highly motivated students have a long record of success as they enter or return to the world of work. We are aware of our responsibility to our community to provide trained, motivated workers and we are pleased to be able to offer the following services to area employers:
- Recruitment of qualified applicants
- Post to the on-line job board (Cardinal Career Connect)
- Posting jobs that students will see
- Job fairs - on and off campus
- Hallway recruiting tables
- Assistance in screening job candiates
- Interview accommodations for on-campus recruiting
- Résumé and application collection and forwarding
- Labor market information
- Career & Trade Fairs for future college students
On Campus Recruitment
Thank you for your interest in hiring a Skagit Valley College student(s).
We welcome and encourage On-Campus Recruitment. Network with potential applicants.
For questions about posting a job or to get information about the on-line job board contact Noemi Rodriguez in the Career Services office 360-416-7938 or email at email@example.com. Feel free to check out our On-line Job Board to post your employment or internship opportunities as well
Thank you and I look forward to working with you to connect with prospective employees.
Noemi Rodriguez, Program Coordinator
Employers recruiting at Skagit Valley College must adhere to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines, principles of conduct for career services and employment professionals as detailed by the National Association of Colleges and Employers and the standards listed below.
User Standards for On-campus Employers/Recruiters
You may print the form below or use the PDF.
Please submit form to:
Skagit Valley College
2405 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
[ This standard does not apply to non-profit organizations and community partners sponsored by Career Services and to military recruiters. ]
Employers who recruit on-campus must meet the following conditions:
- Offer positions with a guaranteed hourly wage or salary of no less than the Washington State minimum wage ($9.19) per hour as of January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013). Employers cannot recruit on campus for commission-only positions.
- The employer will not require the prospective employee to purchase any equipment or products as a prerequisite to employment, nor will they charge a fee to the prospective employee.
- Employers will not charge for any training required prior to starting employment. If training is required, employers will pay an hourly wage during training.
- Employers will provide a safe environment for their employees.
- Employers will comply with the American with Disabilities Act.
- Employers will be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Employers will not have any unresolved labor disputes filed against them
Skagit Valley College reserves the right of refuse requests of on-campus recruiters who do not meet these conditions.
I confirm that my company/agency meets all the above listed conditions.
Signature:_____________________________________ Print Name:____________________________
Phone:____________________________ Email address:______________________________________