Wait lists for classes begin when a section is full. Students are added to wait lists via a registration assistant or online registration. As space becomes available, students are added to the section by automatic input from the system. Automatic input is active through the third instructional day of the quarter. It is a student's responsibility to remove him/herself from a waitlist if the class is no longer wanted.
REMEMBER: When you are on a waitlist and an opening occurs, you will be automatically registered for the course. Check the wait list daily to avoid unwanted debt. It is your responsibility to monitor your movement on the wait list. You will be charged for all classes in which you are enrolled from the electronic wait list.
- After the third instructional day students must be notified regarding section vacancies.
- The system will not automatically put students into a section if they have unusual action pending or have not satisfied prerequisites.
- Classes with multiple sections will have a waiting list for each section.
- If a student is registered in any section of a class, he or she may not be added to a wait list for that class.
Students are expected to attend all classes in which they are registered, as evaluation of progress in any course is cumulative and based on class assignments, participation and examinations.
- Up to the 5th day of the quarter, students may withdraw from a class via Web Registration or submit an Add/Drop form to the Registration Office.
- Failure to attend a class does not constitute a course drop. Students who do not officially withdraw will be assessed full tuition fees, and refunds will not be made. Requests for late drops will not be granted simply because the student was unaware of the policies, or failed to submit a drop form.
- Courses dropped before the 10th day of the quarter will not be posted to the permanent student record.
- From week three through the Friday before finals week, students may officially withdraw from a course with a "W" noted on their permanent student record. The last day to withdraw is the Friday before finals week.
- The only exception to this is complete withdrawal from all courses of enrollment.
WARNING! When dropping a class after the 10th day of the quarter, you should consider the possible
consequences and alternatives:
- Loss of tuition refund
- Potential adverse affect upon application to future educational institutions of too many "W's"
- Increased time-to-degree or certificate completion
- Loss of financial aid due to dropping below the minimum number of credits required
- Loss of future financial aid allotments due to "insufficient progress" due to multiple "W's"
- Miss the opportunity to work with an instructor for a possible "Incomplete" rather than a DROP
- Impact on high school graduation. Running Start students MUST immediately notify their high school counselor of any withdrawals
RECOMMENDATION: Consult with your instructor and/or advisor if you have any questions or concerns.
- Until the 3rd day of the quarter, students may add courses via Web Registration or submit an Add/Drop form to the Registration Office according to space availability. After the third day students must submit an Add/Drop form to the Registrar's Office.
- After the 3rd day of the quarter, course adds will be made only with the instructor's signature, and in consideration of the wait list, if any. A course Add/Drop form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office.