Compass Test Procedures
Space is limited to 15 testers
- Wednesday 12:45 p.m. for 1 p.m. test and 4:45 p.m. for 5 p.m. test.
- Saturday 8:45 a.m. for 9 a.m. test
- First Test-Free for SVC students
- Retakes & Non SVC students-$15.00 (payment in advance, receipt required)
- Location: Hayes Hall 109
- Test start times are firm and testing center is closed to late arrivals. Late arrivals will need to make another appointment. Test is approximately 2 hours long.
Steps for test participants:
- SVC Students: Student Identification Number is required. Apply online at www.skagit.edu or submit application to the Registration Office, Old Main Room 116.
NON-SVC Students: Social Security Number is required. (No application is necessary). Receipt of payment is required.
- SVC &Non-SVC Students: Call 679-5319 or come to Old Main Room 100 to schedule a testing appointment.
- RETAKES or NON-SVC: Pay $15.00 test fee first at the Cashier Window, Old Main Room 115, Monday –Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Cashier services are not available on Saturdays. Bring receipt to Student Services, Old Main Room 100 to schedule test date and time.
Compass is an un-timed test (approximately 2 hours). Upon completion SVC students may schedule an advising appointment with Student Services in Old Main Room 100.
Bring current photo ID and your student ID number (also receipt if retaking or if a non-SVC student). Arrive 15 minutes before scheduled test time.
Individuals with special needs or accommodations please contact Disability Access Services, at 360-679-5393.
Do not bring the following to the test: Books, dictionary, cell phones/pagers, all electronic devices, notepaper or children. Pencils and calculator will be provided.
If you have a financial need when retaking the test or you are a non-SVC student, see the Financial Aid Coordinator to obtain a fee waiver, in lieu of the test fee. Bring receipt/waiver with you to schedule an appointment.
Compass Practice Test:
Sites for math practice and review:
English practice and review: