Employee Benefit Summary
Skagit Valley College (SVC) contributes for each eligible employee's medical, dental, life, and long-term disability coverage, which are provided by the Public Employees Benefit Board (PEBB). Detailed information regarding coverage is available at www.pebb.hca.wa.gov. Rates and benefits are subject to legislative action. The benefits package for eligible employees includes:
- Choice of medical plans, dependent on county of residence;
- Managed Care (HMO), Value Managed Care, or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans are current options;
- Employee cost varies, depending on plan choice and number of dependents.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan;
- Managed Care plans (not available in Skagit County or Island County).
- Basic Coverage (employer paid); $25,000 Life and $5,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D);
- Optional Coverage at employee's expense includes additional life insurance coverage for employee and spouse, or additional AD&D for employee and family.
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Basic Coverage (employer paid);
- Optional Coverage is available at employee expense.
State Board Retirement Plan (SBRP) administered by TIAA-CREF.
Employee contributions are tax deferred.
Employee and employer contributions:
- Under age 35: 5.0% of gross salary;
- Age 35 to 49: 7.5% of gross salary;
- Age 50 and over: 10.0% of gross salary.
Department of Retirement Systems (DRS)
PERS 1: Defined Benefit Plan
PERS 2: Defined Benefit Plan
PERS 3: Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plan.