Skagit Valley College logo

Transcripts & Credit Evaluations

Note to IE 10 users: Internet Explorer 10 is incompatible with the National Student Clearinghouse links below. To best view these pages, please use an alternate browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Chrome).


Steps for Obtaining Official Transcripts

Official college transcripts are issued by Skagit Valley College Registrar's Office and bear the Registrar's signature and college seal. Official Transcripts are not processed if the student has an outstanding obligation, financial or otherwise. Enrolled students can obtain an unofficial transcript through MySVC.

To order a GED transcript please see below.


Skagit Valley College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse electronic means for students to order transcripts. To order an official transcript, login to the Clearinghouse secure site.

The site walks you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order up to 10 transcripts in a single session. Completing the "Consent to Release" form is required before orders are processed and credit cards charged. You can either sign the consent form electronically using your mouse or you can print the form, sign and return it to the National Student Clearinghouse by fax or scan. The consent form must be on file before your order can be processed.

Return your "Consent to Release" form using one of the following methods:

  1. Electronic signature using mouse,
  2. Fax the form to 1-703-742-4238,
  3. Scan and email form to (scan consent form must be a GIF, JPEG, BMP or TIFF).
  4. Mail signed form to: National Student Clearinghouse, 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300, Herndon, VA 20171.

In addition to the convenience of credit card payment, the online service provides email notifications as orders are received and processed by the Registrar's Office.

If you need help or have questions about the National Student Clearinghouse's transcript ordering service, contact them via e-mail at or phone 703 742-7791 (Mon-Fri, 9am-7pm, Eastern Standard Time-EST).

The National Student Clearinghouse provides online ordering service for Skagit Valley College students and alumni 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Orders placed will be processed within 3 business days by the Registrar's Office.

Students and alumni are required to show photo identification if picking up their transcript. If a transcript is to be released to a third party, written authorization from the student or the alumni is required. Parents can obtain their student's transcript provided they have written authorization from their student or they have a signed affidavit stating that the student is their financial dependent according to IRS regulations.

Request for GED transcript, or GED Duplicate Certificate


How do I get a copy of a GED Transcript or Certificate that was earned prior to December 31, 2013?

A person who has previously passed the GED test battery and needs a duplicate transcript or certificate can:

Go to to request your Transcript. You need to create an account. GED® Test Verify is an online service that provides verification of GED® status and official GED® transcripts for those who have tested in Washington State before January 1, 2014. Note: GED® Test Verify only contains GED® records for those who tested in Washington State or were residents of Washington State at the time of testing.

Transcript or Certificate Information for GED® tests taken after January 1, 2014 is available at  

Transcript(s) Evaluation Request

To request information regarding progress toward completion of a program, please fill out and return to the Admissions/Registration Office a "Transcript(s) Evaluation Request" form.

Click here to download a PDF of the form.

International Transcript Application and Evaluation Process

Please complete the steps below required for Skagit Valley College International Evaluations:

  1. Request Two Official Academic Records/Transcripts - Official means they are in sealed college envelopes.
  • Request one of the official transcripts be mailed to:

Skagit Valley College
Attn: Admissions Dept
2405 East College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

  • Request one of the official transcripts be mailed to you. You will then include that transcript when you mail the completed application form to AACRAO.
  • If your records are not already in English, you must include a Certified Literal English translation with both official academic records/transcripts requested above.

Certified translators from the American Translators Association may be found at or you may use The Language Exchange located in Burlington, WA (

  1. Submit AACRAO Application Form (This application can be completed online and printed. It is available at:
  • Read all instructions carefully before beginning.
  • Fill out and sign the AACRAO application form. AACRAO provides one copy of the evaluation so on the bottom of the first page in the space “mail additional copies” write directions to mail to:

Skagit Valley College
Attn: Admissions Department
2405 East College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

  • Where it asks for number of additional copies requested type: 0
  • Include the sealed envelope transcript you received from your college and English translation, if applicable.
  • Skagit Valley College requires AACRAO’s Course-by-Course evaluation.
  • Credit card billing information or money order for US $190.00. (no personal checks are accepted)
  • Send all materials to:

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Office of International Education Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, D.C. 20036-1135

  1. Report Results
  • AACRAO mails report results to SVC.
  • AACRAO evaluations typically are applied as elective credits at SVC. Introductory courses may possibly be applied as distribution credit. For other types of courses to be applied toward distribution requirements, request English version course descriptions be sent directly to SVC. They must be from the time you completed the courses.

 If you have questions, contact SVC’s International Programs (360-416-7734).