The Basic Food Employment and Training Program (BFET) assists Food Stamp recipients who have been assessed as needing basic education, high school, GED/ABE, ESL or vocational training in order to increase their opportunities for employment. Allowable costs include tuition, fees and books for education and support services. All Food Stamp recipients not receiving TANF are eligible for the Food Stamp Employment and Training Program.
Skagit Valley College provides following help and services for program participants:
· Determining career goals, skills, abilities, educational level and other job-relatable assets and barriers
· Creating an individual training plan that targets employment in livable wage jobs
· GED preparation or adult basic skills training
· English as a second language instruction
· Vocational/Technical skills training in demand occupations