To record the student's academic GPA on their official transcript and identify students who need intervention to successfully complete coursework.
The provisions of this policy shall be applicable to students enrolled for five or more credits in courses or programs after the tenth instructional day of any quarter. This provision includes "V" and "Z" grades.
- A student who has a quarterly grade point average below 2.0 for one quarter shall be placed on Academic Alert.
- Any student placed on academic alert shall be removed from such status at the conclusion of any subsequent quarter during which he/she has achieved a quarterly grade point average of 2.0 or higher while enrolled for and completing five or more credits.
- If a student while on Academic Alert whose overall college level grade point average falls below 2.0 in the subsequent quarter of his/her enrollment at the college, he/she will be placed on probation.
- Any student placed on academic probation shall be removed from such status at the conclusion of any quarter during which he/she has achieved an overall college level grade point average of 2.0 or higher.
Dropped: Low Scholarship
- If a student while on academic pobation receives a quarterly grade point average below 2.0 in the subsequent quarter of his/her enrollment at the college, he/she shall be dropped from enrollment.
- A student who has been dropped for low scholarship once, who successfully petitions for re-entry and then receives a grade point average of below 2.0 during the quarter of re-enrollment, shall be dismissed from Skagit Valley College for one year.
- A student who has been dismissed for academic reasons set forth in this policy may submit a "Petition for Reinstatement" form to the Registrar after consulting with his/her advisor.
- If the Registrar approves the petition, the student will be readmittd on academic probation and will remain on probation until the student's overall college level GPA exceeds 2.0.