Mount Vernon Campus & Whidbey Island Campus
As a new student at Skagit Valley College, you are certain to have questions. New Student Orientation will help you navigate the campus and will introduce you to the resources you'll need to be successful at SVC. Students who attend orientation are more likely to stay in college, more likely to get better grades and more likely to graduate. By the time you leave orientation, you'll be on your way to becoming a successful SVC student.
Winter Quarter Orientation - Monday, January 5, 2015
Mount Vernon Campus
- Moodle Training 4:00 to 4:45 pm in Angst Hall 125
- Campus Tour 4:45 pm - Cafeteria in the Gary Knutzen Cardinal Center
- Orientation 5:30 to 7:30 pm - Cafeteria in the Gary Knutzen Cardinal Center
Whidbey Island Campus
- Moodle Training 4:00 to 5:00 pm - Oak Hall 223
- Campus Tour 5:00 pm - Oak Hall 223
- Orientation 5:30 to 7:00 pm - Library
If you are taking an E-learning (or online) class for the FIRST time, consider attending an E-Learning orientation. These orientations are designed to give you the tools you need to get started with Moodle (which is SVC’s online course management system).
Winter Quarter E-Learning Orientations - TBD
More information about Moodle is located here: MySVC Student Guide