Welcome to Tech Prep Career Pathways
Skagit Valley College Programs of Study
21st Century Education and Career Pathways
Programs of Study envisions that all students will achieve challenging academic and technical standards and be prepared for high skill, high demand occupations in current and emerging professions in the 21st century global economy.
Programs of Study are education pathways that begin in high school and lead to progressively higher levels of education and higher-skilled positions in specific industries.
Our school district partners: Anacortes, Burlington-Edison, Cascades Job Corps, Concrete, Coupeville, La Conner, Mount Vernon, Northwest Career & Technical Academy, Oak Harbor, Sedro-Woolley and South Whidbey.
Tech Prep is a dual-enrollment program that allows high school students to take classes on their own campus and receive both high school and college career and technical education credit upon successful completion of certain courses.
Student Steps to Tech Prep
Advantages for Students
Enroll in a Tech Prep class at your high school
Earn a B or higher grade in classes.
Earn both high school and college credit at your high school.
Prepare for college and a career while in high school
Advantages for Parents
Save money. College tuition is waived in the Tech Prep Program.
Tech Prep is a college-bound program.
CLICK HERE to enroll for Tech Prep classes at your high school (FREE COLLEGE CREDIT)
Tech Prep Registration Instructions
STEP #1 OPEN OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Welcome to SERS! Choose Students Click Here (top far left)
NEW Students: CREATE AN ACCOUNT
RETURNING Students: LOG ON
NEW Students (never before registered)
1. Create an Account (link is on left side).
2. Create user name i.e. first & last name no spaces (once accepted it will open the other fields).
3. Fill in required fields (red dots ).
4. Be sure to include your email so that your user name and password can be emailed to you in case you forget.
1. Under the words "Student Log in"
2. Enter your user name and password ----- if you have forgotten your username and password, enter your email into the Forgot your log in information? field and click the Submit button. The information will be sent to the email address in your User Profile. If you cannot access your email, use the default password, which is your date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
Career Clusters - Choose one from drop down menu.
Future Plans – Choose one from drop down menu (can be changed later).
Social Security is not required – College prefers to avoid duplication of name/birthdates.
State Student I.D. is not required – Leave blank.
STEP #2 REGISTRATION
1. Return to Student Home (link on far left)
2. Register for Classes (link on far left)
Use drop down to choose your teacher
Click on Go Search!
Scroll to bottom of page and check box on far left for classes to be registered
Scroll all the way back to the top and click on Register
AGAIN, scroll all the way back up to the top and click on SAVE and REGISTER
Please review the final page that pops up to be sure your classes are listed under your name