Skagit Valley College logo

Advanced Placement & International Baccalaureate

Advanced Placement (AP)

Entering students who have completed advanced placement courses in high school and have taken the Advanced Placement Program (AP) examinations should have the official College Board transcript showing their results sent to the Dean of Student Services at the Mount Vernon Campus. Skagit Valley College offers credit for any AP test with a score of 3 or above.

View the AP course equivalency table

Entering freshmen who have completed such courses but who have not taken the AP examinations may apply for college credit by examination or for advanced placement only.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

At this time, Skagit Valley College does not have a policy on accepting credit for International Baccalaureate (IB). Students who wish to use IB exams to obtain credit towards a Skagti Valley College degree, placement in advanced classes, or both, must request a course substitution from the Vice President for Instruction to include an original copy of their test results.