Mount Vernon Campus Update
Regarding the status of operations for Sunday, September 25th:
SVC MV Campus is open Sunday, 9/25/16 for normal operations, classes, and events. Our thoughts remain with the families of the victims during this tragic time. ×
0. Integration and Application: Using information, concepts, analytical frameworks, and skills from different fields of study to understand and develop comprehensive approaches/responses to personal, academic, professional, and social issues.
1. Information Literacy: Recognizing when information is needed and having the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information.
2. Critical Thinking: The ability to think critically about the nature of knowledge within a discipline and about the ways in which that knowledge is constructed and validated and to be sensitive to the ways these processes often vary among disciplines.
3. Communication: Understanding and producing effective written, spoken, visual, and non-verbal communication.
4. Community & Cultural Diversity: Recognizing the value of human communities and cultures from multiple perspectives through a critical understanding of their similarities and differences.
5. Global & Local Awareness & Responsibility: Understanding the complexity and interdependence of, and stewardship responsibilities to, local and global communities and environments.
6. Individual Awareness & Responsibility: Understanding, managing, and taking responsibility for one's learning and behavior in varied and changing environments.
7. Aesthetics & Creativity: Interpreting human experience through engagement with creative processes and aesthetic principles.
8. Mathematical Reasoning: Understanding and applying concepts of mathematics and logical reasoning in a variety of contexts, both academic and non-academic.
9. Scientific Literacy: Understanding scientific principles, and analyzing and applying scientific information in a variety of contexts.
10. Technology: Understanding the role of technology in society and using technology appropriately and effectively.