Human ResourcesCareer opportunities and resources
Skagit Valley College (SVC) contributes to each eligible employee’s medical, dental, life, and long-term disability coverage, which are provided by the Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB). The detailed information regarding coverage is available at hca.wa.gov/employee-retiree-benefits. Rates and benefits are subject to legislative action. The benefits package for eligible employees includes:
- Choice of medical plans, dependent on the county of residence;
- Managed Care (HMO), Value Managed Care, or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans are current options;
- Employee cost varies, depending on plan choice and number of dependents.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan;
- Managed Care plans (not available in Skagit County or Island County).
- Basic Coverage (employer paid); $25,000 Life and $5,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D);
- Optional Coverage at employee’s expense includes additional life insurance coverage for employee and spouse or additional AD&D for employee and family.
- Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Basic Coverage (employer paid);
- Optional Coverage is available at employee expense.
State Board Retirement Plan (SBRP) administered by TIAA-CREF.
Employee contributions are tax-deferred. Employee and employer contributions:
- Under age 35: 5.0% of gross salary
- Age 35 to 49: 7.5% of gross salary
- Age 50 and over: 10.0% of gross salary
Department of Retirement Systems (DRS)
PERS 1: Defined Benefit Plan
PERS 2: Defined Benefit Plan
PERS 3: Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Plan.