Remote Services

SVC is Totally Online

SVC is Totally Online

We've Got a Space Reserved for You

SVC is Totally Online

We've Got a Space Reserved for You
Two students engaging via video chat

How to Get Started Online

Your educational goals are the focus of SVC and we want to respond proactively to the public health threat posed by COVID-19. Accordingly, the College is operating on a remote delivery model and has moved instruction and student services online.

Details regarding how to access various services can be found below. We are able to respond to most questions and requests remotely and are following state and health authority guidelines regarding social distancing protocols.

If you require a service that cannot otherwise be provided remotely, please contact the appropriate office below to discuss alternatives. This is a challenging time, and we appreciate your patience as we address this public health crisis together.

Enrollment Services

Enrollment Services will continue to serve current and prospective students as well as our faculty, staff and campus community through remote delivery including email, phone, and online ZOOM meetings.

Please use the following contact information and websites:

Enrollment Services Contact Information

How do I drop a Spring Quarter class?

We recommend discussing options with your instructor and funding sources before withdrawing. If you would like to proceed with withdrawing from any courses, please email [email protected] from your MySVC account with the following information:

  • Your name
  • SID
  • Courses you would like to withdraw from
  • The last date you attended each course (please provide an exact date; if it was an online class, please provide the last date you logged in and interacted with the course).

Skagit Valley College Identification (ID) Cards

How do I get my SVC ID card?

We are not currently issuing ID cards during the remote services period. Please check with [email protected] for updates.

Admissions and Prospective Students

Our Admissions team is here to help! There are several ways to connect with us. You can attend a Virtual Information Session, use the “Chat with Me” feature on our website (hover over “Admissions” in the chat window and click “Chat with Me”), or schedule a phone or online Zoom appointment using the links below.

Peter Schlegel
Workforce Education Specialist
Phone: 360.899.0555
Email: [email protected]
Schedule an appointment
Yaxkin Hernandez-Melville [yash-keen]
Multicultural Outreach
-Hablo Español-
Phone: 360.899.0554
Email:[email protected]
Schedule an appointment
How do I apply for SVC?

You can apply online using the Washington State Application System at Watch our “How to Apply” videos (in English or Spanish), or contact our Admissions team for assistance at [email protected].

How do I enroll for classes at SVC?

Please visit our Getting Started Webpage at for details. If you need help
along the way, contact our Admissions team at [email protected].

How do I learn more about SVC?

You can attend a Virtual Information Session, or check out our College
Information Session Video.

Placement Testing and Assessment Center

Do I need to take a placement test?

SVC accepts multiple measures to assess placement, including high school transcripts, college transcripts, Smarter Balance test scores, credit by exam (AP, IB, Cambridge, CLEP). If none of these options apply to you, you can schedule an Accuplacer test. (See below.)

NOTE: Through Fall 2020 admissions, we have expanded our high school transcript placement eligibility. If you have completed at least 1.5 years of high school within the past 5 years, we can review your high school transcripts to determine placement.

How do I schedule my placement test?

Accuplacer placement tests can be administered remotely. If you need placement please contact the Testing Center at [email protected]. Please include your DOB, your SID and which test/s you
need to take (Math, Reading, or both).

Running Start Students

I am interested in Running Start, how can I sign up?

Please attend a Virtual Running Start Information Session. You can view and sign up for sessions at You can also visit our Running Start website for enrollment steps and FAQ

Running Start students can submit their Running Start Enrollment Verification forms to [email protected]. Scanned copies or uploaded photos are preferred.

  • Please make sure the form is completely filled out, including all required signatures. If you cannot get physical signatures right now, please type your information into the form.

For assistance with getting started, please contact [email protected].


Are classes cancelled?

Spring courses are not cancelled. However, all classes that were initially scheduled on-ground (in a classroom) are moving to an online format.

Will I be able to complete my classes and graduate on time?

Our goal is to make sure that students experience as little disruption as possible to their academic progress. You will be able to receive full credit for classes you satisfactorily complete during spring quarter. In most cases, students will be able to complete their degrees on time. For programs with lab or studio components, faculty are working on ways to deliver that content online or possibly in condensed sessions at a later time. If you have questions, please contact your advisor or program faculty.

Can lab and field classes be offered online?

Many lab components can be offered and effectively taught in an online format. For programs with disciplinary accreditation requirements—such as (but not limited to) Allied Health, Automotive Tech, Culinary Arts, Nursing, and Welding—program faculty and administration are working to determine alternatives and approaches to deliver these lab or clinical components.

Will I still be charged lab and other course fees in an online environment?

Yes, your fees are used to help support the costs of online supplements, course materials, consumables, simulations, and/or other services that are provided in your online classroom.

How will internships and/or other workplace experience courses be conducted?

Students taking classes that require workplace experience (e.g. internships, externships, practicums, etc.) should check with their instructors, who are receiving regular updates from workplace partners and will be able to communicate directly with you. In most instances, online options will be developed and available.

Will faculty work with me if I get sick during the quarter?

Faculty will accommodate students due to illness, by clearly communicating opportunities and expectations around alternative assignments or makeup work. Students need to be pro-active in letting your instructor(s) know if you need accommodations in a timely manner and paying attention to the class syllabus and announcements. You do not need to provide a doctor’s note for absences related to an illness.

Where can I go to get technical support for my online classes?
  • For questions specific to a course (course content, assignment due dates, tests, etc), please contact your instructor via email. Lookup instructor contact information
  • For general questions related to learning technologies (for example, Canvas, Zoom, Office 365, Google Docs, MySVC), please contact the eLearning Help Request.

FAQs – Remote Instruction

What does remote instruction mean?

The term “remote instruction” and “online instruction” mean the same thing and are used interchangeably.

The expectation for online instruction is that students and instructors are not required to be online in a synchronous environment (I.e. interacting in the same physical or virtual location at the same time).

What does synchronous and asynchronous in remote (online) instruction mean?

With synchronous remote (online) instruction, instructor and students make pre-arranged virtual meetings. Virtual meetings allow instructors and students to share information, ask and answer questions instantly, through video conferencing and instant messaging application such as Zoom.

With asynchronous remote (online) instruction, there are no required virtual meetings. Instructor and students use online technologies such as Canvas, online discussion forums and email. The expectation is that students manage their learning time while fulfilling course requirements and outcomes.

What is the intent of remote instruction?

SVC is currently offering remote instruction to help prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19.

Remote instruction provides access and flexibility needed by both students and faculty as they cope with COVID-19 pandemic. The flexibility of remote instruction comes via one’s ability to manage their learning time while fulfilling course requirements and outcomes.

Are instructors required to conduct remote instructions asynchronously?

Generally, remote instruction is conducted asynchronously because students are not required to be online at a particular time.

An instructor may choose to arrange synchronous meeting times for some class activities. Instructors are asked to record synchronous class sessions and make class recordings available to all students to ensure that they have access to all course content.

Can instructors require students to attend synchronous class sessions?

Students are encouraged to attend synchronous remote instruction whenever possible; but they are not required to be online at a particular time except in special circumstances.

Students who are not able to attend synchronous class sessions will not be penalized.

Instructors are asked to record synchronous class sessions and make class recordings available to all students to ensure that they have access to all course content.

Are instructors required to record synchronous class sessions?

It depends. Instructors record class presentations to help all students, including those who are not able to attend synchronous sessions due to family or job obligations and emergency situations. In addition, all students benefit from viewing class recordings to prepare for tests, assignments and discussions.

Class videos should have captions. Contact eLearning if you need help captioning videos.

What are the FERPA guidelines for class recordings and how do these apply to me?

Faculty and students are required to follow FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) guidelines.

If access to class recordings is limited only to enrolled students, FERPA does not limit or prevent its use and does not require obtaining a written consent. Instructors can create access for enrolled students to watch or re-watch past class sessions.

If class recordings are available to individuals not enrolled in the class, FERPA requires use of consent forms or de-identification of any students depicted.

Class videos are expected to include captions. The eLearning office supports faculty to ensure course content is accessible and can assist with captioning class recordings.

Are we required to make remote instruction accessible?

Yes—The American with Disabilities Act (ADA); the Rehabilitation ACT of 1973; and Washington State Law require course content to be accessible to people with disabilities. (See also SVC Policy for Accessibility, Section 6900)

Students benefit from a learning environment that is accessible for all. For example, students without hearing difficulties may benefit from closed captions when watching a video in a noisy environment or if they are not native English speakers.

The eLearning and Faculty Mentors are available to assist faculty to make course content accessible and add captions to all class recordings.

What steps are taken to guard against academic dishonesty?

The most effective strategies for faculty to maintain academic integrity are the same ones that will best help students to understand and learn course material. To minimize academic dishonesty, SVC’s online courses are designed with the expectation that students: can easily navigate them; are provided clear learning outcomes; and given transparent assignments and assessments.

To prevent academic dishonesty, instructional solutions are better than technical solutions. Instructors are encouraged and trained to build learning units and assessment activities around problems, questions, and challenges that are relevant to the course learning outcomes. Students are given reasons why they should care about the content; provided with real world examples; and given an opportunity to practice or provide low-stakes assignments before summative assessments. Students who are provided such opportunities, and given regular feedback, are less inclined to cheat and will be more successful.

Technology tools to prevent cheating are available yet, if used, should be accessible to all students. Students and faculty can contact the eLearning office for support, including how to obtain required technologies. The following tools are available for use:

  • Canvas test settings which allow for randomized questions, timed quizzes, limitation of attempts to take assessments, recording of late work, and when students can see correct answers. The eLearning office can assist with these settings.
  • VeriCite is a plagiarism prevention tool. When an instructor creates a Canvas assignment that is VeriCite enabled, the system compares student submissions against sources available on the internet, including work submitted by students at SVC and other institutions using VeriCite. It generates a report showing an overview score as well as side by side comparison of the matching text and sources. VeriCite can also be used as a teaching tool because students are able to use results to self-evaluate their work and make corrections as needed.
  • Respondus LockDown Browser is tool within Canvas that disables the ability for students to: print, copy, or go to another website; access other applications; or close a test until it is submitted for grading. Respondus LockDown Browser works on Windows and Mac computers as well as iPads. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support Chromebooks and other mobile devices.

Counseling and Advising

Contact an Advisor

Counseling and Advising is continuing to offer services via remote delivery during modified operations. Options for
appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. To schedule an appointment please call

Mental Health Resources

The news about coronavirus can bring a variety of emotions, and it is natural to feel anxious, scared, angry, or sad
because of it. You are not alone. Reach out if you need help coping with the potential effects of social isolation
or other concerns you may have that are impacting you at this time.

  • For life threatening emergencies call 9-1-1
  • Crisis Care Line (24/7): 1-800-584-3578
    Crisis Text Line, text HOME to 741741
  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
  • National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233

If you are not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, a reminder that you can go into an emergency room for any urgent
reason, including mental health.

If you need assistance in getting connected to resources, contact the SVC Counseling Office at 360.416.7654 to set up
an appointment with a faculty counselor.

Here are some other options for counseling support:

Apple Health coverage/ cobertura de salud de Apple:
  • Sunrise Services Counseling
    2500 East College Way, Mount Vernon WA 98273
    or walk in to schedule an appointment o ír para programar una cita
  • Compass Health Child and Family Counseling
    1005 South 3rd Street, Mount Vernon, WA
    360.419.3600 | Walk in for intake
    8:30-9:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays
  • Compass Health Individual Adult Counseling
    1100 South 2nd Street, Mount Vernon, WA
    360.419.3500 | Walk in for intake
    8:30-9:30 Tuesdays and Thursdays
  • SeaMar
    2203 Old Highway 99, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
    360.542.8810 | Walk in for
    8:30, 9:00, 12:30, or 1:00 Tuesdays
Other insurance coverage or private pay:
  • – Enter your zip code at
    “Find a Therapist,” then your insurance carrier on the left along with other criteria. One of the options is to
    narrow down by Online or Phone Counseling.
  • Skagit Behavioral Health
    406 South First Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273
In Island County
  • Compass Health Children Services
    230 SE Cabot Drive #3, Oak Harbor, WA 98277
  • Compass Health Individual Adult Counseling
    20 NW 1st St., Coupeville, WA 98239
  • SeaMar
    31640 SR 20 Suite 1, Oak Harbor, WA 98277
In San Juan County

Disability Access Services

I need support with disability accommodations. How do I set that up?

Disability Access Services is continuing to offer services via remote delivery during modified operations. Staff are monitoring their email regularly and you may continue to email them your questions or phone them directly. Options for appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. To schedule an appointment please call 360.416.7654.

Financial Aid

Is Financial Aid continuing to offer services?

Yes, options for appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. For questions regarding Financial Aid please email [email protected].

How do I complete a tuition payment plan while the campus is closed? 

The Skagit Valley College Mount Vernon Cashier is facilitating Tuition Payment Plans for all campuses during our period of remote operations. Contact the SVC cashier at 360.416.7805 to apply for the payment plan and make your initial payment. Otherwise you may email your completed & signed form to [email protected]. She will contact you ASAP to get your debit or credit card information to process your payment, so please be sure there is a contact phone number. For information about SVC’s Tuition Payment Plan, please visit our Tuition and Fees page.


Tutoring services are here to help during modified operations. For more information please visit the tutoring website.

Veterans Education

Our offices are continuing to offer services during remote operations. Please be checking your mySVC email for information from the Veterans’ Education team regarding spring quarter certifications. If you have questions and you are normally helped at Mount Vernon you can email them at [email protected]. If you are normally helped at the Whidbey Island Campus you can email that team at [email protected]. Please submit your inquiry to only the email address associated with the campus you primarily attend.

Workforce Grants

 Workforce Grants is continuing to offer services via remote delivery during modified operations. Options for appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. To schedule an appointment please call 360.416.7971. To submit a Workforce Grants application please email [email protected].

  • Workforce Grants Staff are monitoring their email regularly and you may continue to email them your questions or phone them directly.


TRiO is continuing to offer services via remote delivery during modified operations. Options for appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. To schedule an appointment or for general questions, please call 360.416.7636. Program applications can be sent to [email protected].

Program applications to Mount Vernon.
Program applications to Whidbey Island.

  • TRIO Advisors are monitoring their email regularly and you may continue to email them your questions or phone them directly.
  • All TRIO tutoring for students is also continuing via an online format. For more information please visit the tutoring website.

Basic Education for Adults

Please note that Spring quarter classes will be completely online due to precautions for COVID-19. High School completion, GED prep and English Language Acquisition classes will start on April 27th .

I need register and enroll into English Language, GED or High School completion classes. How do I make an appointment? 

The Basic Education for Adults office is continuing to offer services via remote delivery during modified operations. Options for appointments are being offered by phone or online Zoom appointment. To schedule an appointment to get registered, please email [email protected] or call at 360.416.7640.

  • Advisors are monitoring their email regularly and you may continue to email them your questions or phone them directly.
Necesito hacer una cita con un asesor para inscribirme en clases de ESL, GED o clases para terminar la Preparatoria. Como puedo hacer una cita?

La oficina de Educación Básica para Adultos está ofreciendo sus servicios a distancia (remotamente) durante éste tiempo. Las opciones de citas disponibles se están ofreciendo por teléfono o en línea por Zoom. Para agendar una cita para inscribirse a clases, por favor envíe un correo electrónico a [email protected] o llame al 360.416.7640.

  • Los Asesores están monitoreando su correo electrónico regularmente y usted puede continuar mandando sus correos electrónicos con sus preguntas o llamarlos directamente.

Food Pantry

Is the food pantry available?

We are currently working with our community partner, Helping Hands Food Bank in Sedro-Woolley, to offer a remote food distribution site at SVC Mount Vernon Campus. Please direct questions to [email protected].

Until this service is set up, please utilize the following resources:

  • Helping Hands Food Bank:856.2211
    9386 Fruitdale Road, Sedro-Woolley
    Mon and Wed: 9 – 1 pm, Thur 12 – 5:00, and Fri 5 – 7pm.
    No ID is required, and you can go once each week.
  • Tri-Parish Food Bank:757.0128
    935 Peterson Road, Burlington
    September thru May: Saturday from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
    June thru September: Wednesdays 2-6pm
  • Neighbors in Need:420.0558
    1615 South 2nd Street, Mount Vernon
    Tuesdays 1pm – 6pm
  • Help House:675.0681
    1091 SE Hathaway St, Oak Harbor
    Mon, Wed, Thur and Fri 8 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm
    Tue 8am – 12pm and 1 – 5 pm

Student Tuition Payments, Refunds and Tax Statements

Tuition & Fee Payments (Cashiering)

Tuition and Fees can be paid online or via the phone. Special arrangements will be made for students that need to pay with cash or check.

  • To pay full tuition owed online, please go to the SVC Website, under MySVC, Payment & Earnings, Pay Tuition and Fees:
  • To pay tuition via phone (for tuition payment plans, parking fines, library fines, etc): Payment can be made by phone by calling the following phone numbers:
    • Mount Vernon Campus Cashier:
      Monday–Thursday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
      360.416.7805 or 360.416.7653
    • Whidbey Island Campus Cashier:
      Monday–Thursday: 9 am – 12 pm
  • Payments can be mailed to the campus by check. Please include your Student ID # on the check and phone number. Mail to: Skagit Valley College. Attn: Business Office, 2405 E. College Way, Mount Vernon, WA 98273

For students with Vouchers from 3rd party agencies to pay student tuition and fees, please have those agencies scan/email those Vouchers electronically to [email protected] and those payments will be applied to your student account.

1098T Tax Forms

If you have questions regarding the 2019 Tax Credit, please see the SVC Website, under MySVC at

If you did not receive a copy of your 1098T tax form, and would like to request a re-print copy of the form, please call the SVC Tax Credit Hotline at 360.416.6715. Tax Forms will be mailed to an address that you provide us.

Student Checks – Emergency Checks and/or Refunds by Check

All checks will be provided to students by mail only. Please make sure your address with the school is up to date.

If you paid tuition by credit card, and are receiving a refund, the refund will be applied back to the card that paid the tuition and fees originally.  Refunds by check are only for tuition and fees that were originally paid by check or cash.


I don’t have a parking pass. How do I get one?

You will not need a student parking pass for Summer Quarter in all student parking areas.

I need to talk to Security about an issue/report a problem/claim lost property.

On Mount Vernon Campus, please call 360.416.7777 or use one of the call boxes on campus to contact Security. At Whidbey Island Campus please call 360.679.5383. An Officer will meet you to help you with the issue.

Continuing and Community Education

All Continuing and Community Ed courses are cancelled. Please check back after April 24th for updates for Spring programming.

IT FAQs for Students

Can I check-out a laptop?

Yes, the libraries at the Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island campuses have laptops available for you to check-out for the entire quarter. You will need to schedule an appointment to pick up your laptop.  Directions about where and how to receive your laptop will be emailed to you when you make your appointment.

Laptops come with a webcam, microphone, and a port for your wired set of earbuds. Earbuds are not included.

Do I need a webcam?

Webcams are not required for most online classes. However, you will probably need a microphone. Check with your instructor to see if this is a requirement.

If you only need a microphone, we recommend purchasing a wired set of earbuds with a microphone. These are available from many stores including convenience stores and gas stations for under $10.

Almost all models of laptops and smartphones come with a camera and microphone that work for most online classes. Check to see if your personal computer or tablet already has a webcam and microphone by going to your ‘settings’ or ‘preferences’ and searching for “camera.”

If you do not have a webcam, or you are having trouble using your webcam, please let us know

Do I need specific software?

For all classes, you will need to browse the Internet and be able to compose word documents.  Some classes will require additional software.   The IT Helpdesk can help you access most software needed for your online classes. Contact the IT Helpdesk or your instructor for more information.

SVC students are entitled to a free copy of Microsoft Office Suite. See the link on the student portal or click here.

How do I use Zoom?

Zoom is an online video tool that comes with a very helpful set of instructions. Click here for more details.

If you have trouble operating Zoom, please feel free to contact the IT Helpdesk.

My computer isn’t working. What can I do to fix it?

The IT Helpdesk can help you troubleshoot microphones, printers, connection to hotspots, your smartphone, and more. If you are experiencing issues with your technology, be sure to let your instructor know.

Our IT team should be able to resolve most issues on your laptop if you checked it out from the library. We may not be able to resolve technical issues on your personal device.

How do I access the Internet/Wi-Fi:

SVC cannot provide home Internet at this time. We understand this is a problem for many students and suggest the following ideas:

How to get Internet at your home:

Several companies offer Internet service, including Comcast, AT&T, Frontier, and Wave.

All of these companies offer low-cost options. Comcast is offering 60 days of free Internet to income-qualified people as part of its Internet Essentials package. AT&T also offers a low-cost option for home Internet service through its Access package.

How to get Internet through your cellphone:

If you have a smartphone, you can connect the Internet to your computer with the hotspot feature.

Many cellphone companies are offering extra data due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Contact your cellphone provider for details and prices.

How to get Internet from free public hotspots:

There are many public areas in our community that provide wireless Internet (WiFi).

Due to COVID-19, Comcast made all of its Xfinity hotspots free. For a list of Xfinity hotspot locations go to AT&T has also made all of its hotspots free.

Skagit Valley College has WiFi available in some of the parking lots. Visit our website for more details.

Do I need a printer?

No, all of your materials can be read online.  The $5 printing allowance available on-campus prior to the Covid-19 is no longer necessary.  The unused money will be returned to the Student Technology Fee Fund.  Let your instructor know if you have a special need to print.

How can I get financial assistance?

SVC offers several scholarships to students for small expenses, such as Internet bills.  See more information on our Financial Aid Website.

I need special accommodations. What resources are available?

If you need Dragon Speak software or audio versions of materials, please contact SVC’s Disability Access Services. If you need extra time or help with assignments, please contact your instructor.

Where can I get technical support for my online classes?

For questions or support related to a specific course (course content, assignment due dates, tests, etc.), please contact your instructor via email. Lookup instructor contact information

For general questions related to learning technologies (for example, Canvas, Zoom, Office 365, Google Docs, MySVC), please contact the eLearning Help Request.


Is the library open?

The library is offering services remotely. Please visit the library website to access services and get more detailed information.

How do I pick up learning resources or equipment (e.g., calculators, lab kits, laptops, etc.) from the library?

If SVC or your instructor has requested you pick up learning resources or equipment from the library, you can make an appointment through the library appointment scheduler:

Directions are provided when you schedule your appointment.

How do I return materials to the library?

Due to Covid-19 testing in the East parking lot (C3) at the Mount Vernon Campus, our library book drop is not easily accessible.  If you need to return something to the library, you can:

  • Park in the Cardinal Center parking lot (C1) and walk to the book drop which is on the sidewalk behind the library (lot C2)
  • Return items to Security at the tent by the Cardinal Center parking lot (C1):
    • Monday: 8 am – Noon
    • Thursday: 1 – 5 pm
  • Return items to Security if you cannot come in while we are staffed or need assistance with the book drop. Please call Security at 360.416.7777 when you arrive.

Refer to the Campus Map for parking lot locations.


Orders for Spring Quarter course materials can be placed online at or by phone at 360.416.7601.

Please note that during the closure, orders for course materials will be shipped at NO CHARGE VIA UPS.

As the College remains closed, the Cardinal Bookstore’s textbook buyback, scheduled for March 17 – 19, is cancelled.
The next scheduled textbook buyback is June 16 – 18.

If you have questions regarding Spring Quarter course materials or require assistance obtaining materials, please contact the bookstore.

Cardinal Bookstore Contact

Kim Hall, Manager
[email protected]

Katya Zhekovska, Assistant Manager
[email protected]

Janet Salas, Assistant Manager
[email protected]

Human Resources

Is SVC still hiring? 

SVC will continue to evaluate hiring needs and post positions as needed. For more information on job openings go to:

Are job interviews happening in-person or online? 

Interviews will be on-line at this time.

What if I don’t feel well on the day of my interview? 

If you are sick on the day of your interview, please contact Human Resources at [email protected].

How will HR handle new hires? Will New Hire Clinics still be available? 

New Hire Clinics are suspended at this time. HR will coordinate the new hire process by appointment only as the I-9 process requires documents be inspected in-person. Contact Human Resources at [email protected].

Who do I contact for employment verification? 

External organizations requesting employment data for SVC employees can email the request to [email protected]. All requests for verification of employment must include a signed release from the employee. Employment verification documents can also be faxed to 360.416.7878. HR staff are able to receive and respond to faxes during closure.

How can I receive a copy of my 2019 W2? 

Current and former employees who need a copy of their W2 should email [email protected]. Employees should be prepared to provide additional identifying information.

I am an employee of SVC. Where can I find more information? 

HR will be posting FAQ’s for employees and supervisors on the SVC Portal under Human Resources.

International Programs

For general questions about becoming an International Student at Skagit Valley College, please email [email protected]. If you are a current student, please contact either Christa Schulz ([email protected]) or Anji Viola ([email protected]). They are monitoring their emails daily and can arrange for video meetings when needed.

CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) – Public Disclosure Information

Skagit Valley College has signed and returned to the Department of Education, the Certification and Agreement related to the receipt and subsequent disbursement of the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Funds.

Reporting Requirements
Date of Report5/13/20
Total funds received for Emergency Financial Aid Grants$1,166,882
Total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, as of report date$716,900
Estimated number of students eligible to participate in Title IV and eligible for Emergency Financial Aid Grants 1,500
Total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant1,025

All SVC students were impacted by the sudden move to online instruction. For our students with the highest demonstrated financial need, (Pell Grant eligible) Skagit Valley College distributed $700 per student during spring quarter, to assist with the additional expenses these students incurred as a result of campus disruption due to COVID-19.

For other Title IV eligible students with an expected family contribution (EFC) less than the lowest standard cost of attendance, Skagit Valley College distributed $500 per student during spring quarter, to assist with the additional expenses these students incurred as a result of campus disruption due to COVID-19.

All remaining Title IV eligible students can request emergency funding through the CARES Act Emergency Funds Request Form. Requests will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Department and funds will be awarded accordingly.

Students must have a completed and verified FAFSA application on file with the Financial Aid Office (FAO) for 2019-2020 in order to be considered for CARES Act Emergency Funds. The FAO identified all eligible students with EFC’s below the lowest standard cost of attendance, and sent an email to those students, inviting them to opt-out of receiving CARES Act funds if they did not incur expenses related to the campus disruption of moving all spring courses online. Block grants were then disbursed to students.

All other Title IV eligible students who had a 2019-2020 FAFSA on file were emailed and invited to submit the CARES Act Emergency Funds Request Form. Those requests are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis and funds are being awarded, accordingly.

Skagit Valley College also added content to its Emergency Assistance webpage regarding CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Funds, including FAQ’s, where students can access the CARES Act Emergency Funds Request Form.

English language icon Spanish language icon Chinese language icon (Simplified) Chinese language icon (Traditional) Japanese language icon Vietnamese language icon Ukrainian language icon Korean language iconRussian language icon