SVC Academic Advising is a part of the Counseling and Advising Center. We are dedicated to promoting student success by helping students achieve their full academic potential.
Our staff assist current and prospective students to:
- Select quarterly course and review program requirements
- Select a career and area of study
- Find the right educational path and support to stay on the path
- Advise students who are transferring in credits from another college
- Plan their transfer to other colleges and universities
- Understand accurate information of college policies
- Identify and connect students with college services such as counseling, tutoring, and other support services.
Our advisors provide an environment of encouragement and support that promotes a positive, rewarding experience at SVC.
Counseling services are also available for current or returning SVC students to provide academic/educational counseling, career counseling, confidential crisis intervention and/or short-term personal counseling, as well as referral to community resources to help students adjust to, cope with, and succeed in college.
Care Crisis Line 24/7: 800.584.3578
CPIT Outreach Team: 360.419.3640 9am-12am 7 days/week – mobile team with a chemical dependency professional and licensed mental health professional who can help by phone or in person