Interested in getting started? Complete our easy inquiry form and an Enrollment representative will contact you with details.
Complete Inquiry Form
If you want to specialize in parks law enforcement, this is your program! SVC's Parks Law Enforcement Academy is one of only seven NPS- approved academies in the U.S. that provides the accredited curriculum that is also approved by other federal land management agencies as a Seasonal Law Enforcement Training Program (SLETP). It is also an approved training program accepted by local and state park agencies.
As a graduate of the academy, you will gain a competitive edge in seeking jobs with the various agencies in the law enforcement community. Our graduates have been highly successful in securing employment with the National Park Service, Washington State Parks, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Everett City Parks, and many other federal, state, county and city land management agencies (contact specific agencies for employment requirements).
- Two 720-hour programs: Fall August through December, or Winter January through April.
- iPad issued to cadets with academy curriculum and enabled for classroom and field use.
- Curriculum Includes
- Contemporary law enforcement tactics and legal information for visitor protection.
- Emphasis on natural, cultural, and historic resources protection methods.
- Particular attention to hands-on experiential problem-based.
- You must be 21 years of age or older, and be physically and mentally fit for service
- You must successfully pass a criminal history and background check, drug analysis screening, and application review by the academy's Advisory Committee.
Pathways for Youth: Developing Stewards at North Cascades from North Cascades National Park on Vimeo.