Strategic Marketing and Communications
We’re here to help you promote your program, class, event, service, and more.
For News Media
The SVC Communications office is the official point of contact for all news media outlets. We encourage the news media to contact our office to assist with campus visits (including arranging for parking passes) and student and employee interviews. Students and employees are encouraged to contact the Communications office with any newsworthy activity, event, or accomplishment in order to inform the news media and the general public.
We are eager to assist reporters with needed information and visuals and will work to respond to your requests as quickly as possible. We are here to help you locate sources, arrange interviews or photography, and receive information on important issues.
If you are a reporter and would like to receive Skagit Valley College press releases, please call 360.416.7957 or email [email protected]. To view our archives, visit https://www.skagit.edu/about/news-public-information/in-the-news.
Contact Media Relations Staff
During an emergency, please call: 206.427.9414
For general media inquires or to request an expert on a specific topic, please call:
- 206.427.9414, 24/7 PIO line or [email protected]
- 360.416.7957, Marisa Pierce, executive director of strategic marketing and communications | [email protected]
Additional ways to receive information about Skagit Valley College:
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media channels.
- Sign up as a Community Partner for Rave Alerts to receive emergency notification text and email alerts.
- All public records requests should be sent via email to the college’s public records officer Pam Davis via email at [email protected], fax at 360.416.7773, or mail to:
Public Records Officer
Skagit Valley College
2405 E. College Way
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Media Relations at Skagit Valley College
We seek out positive and inspirational stories about SVC and its students and employees. We work to publicize them through media to increase the college’s visibility. To do this, our office:
- Distributes information and stories about SVC to media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and Internet).
- Cultivates relationships with reporters and media outlets.
- Monitors news to find the right fit for stories we place and to locate stories about SVC.
About Media Relations
The Skagit Valley College communications office is responsible for communicating key messages about the college and its students and employees to local, regional, and national news media.
Working with the media allows SVC to increase its visibility in the community and enhances appreciation of the college within the campus and broader communities.
Our work is part of the overall efforts of SVC’s College Advancement Office, which also includes the SVC Foundation.