Skagit Valley College provides opportunities for students in pursuit of their educational and employment goals, while contributing to the economic and cultural enrichment of our communities.
Skagit Valley College is dedicated to the success of our students. Our work is guided by a set of shared principles and our decisions are based on strategy and evidence. We are committed to quality, innovation, equity, and lifelong learning of students and employees.
The College community is guided by the following principles:
- Open & Honest Communication
- The College will meet or exceed Strategic Enrollment Management targets.
- The College will meet or exceed the statewide participation rate.
- College enrollment will reflect District demographics.
- Students will successfully progress and accomplish their educational goals.
- Students will demonstrate significant learning related to general education requirements.
- Students will successfully transition to the workforce.
- Students and employees will engage in a culture of mutual respect and acceptance that embraces diversity and promotes a civil society.
- The College will collaborate with its communities through the exchange of knowledge and resources.