Skagit Valley College cultivates student learning and achievement; contributes to the educational, personal, and economic success of students; and promotes equitable and thriving communities.
The primary focus of Skagit Valley College is student-centered teaching and learning.We are committed to:
- Equitable student out comes in access, achievement, and community;
- Our Guiding Principles;
- Decisions based on strategy and evidence;
- The development of our employees;
- A diverse and inclusive college community where everyone belongs.
The College community is guided by the following principles:
- Open & Honest Communication
Equity in Access
- The College will meet or exceed its Strategic Enrollment Management targets.
- The College will meet or exceed the statewide service level.
- The College minimizes barriers and maximizes opportunities for diverse student populations.
Equity in Achievement
- Students will progress toward their educational objectives.
- Transfer students will progress toward their educational objectives.
- Workforce students will progress toward their educational objectives.
- Basic Education for Adults students will progress toward their educational objectives.
- Students will complete their educational goals.
- Students will demonstrate significant learning related to general education requirements.
Equity in Community
- Students and employees will experience a diverse college community where everyone belongs. (Internal)
- The College will actively engage in mutually beneficial partnerships that promote equitable and thriving communities. (External)