Graduation & Commencement
Graduation means being awarded a state-approved diploma, certificate or degree once all of the requirements for that degree/certificate/diploma have been successfully completed.
Generally, students apply to graduate one or two quarters prior to their graduation term. Students should meet with their advisor prior to applying to graduate to assess their progress toward completion. This includes evaluating total credits and grade point average (GPA).
Commencement is a ceremony in which students have the opportunity to celebrate their academic accomplishments.
Apply to Graduate
- Log into the system using your MySVC Email and Password. This is the same email and password you use to access your student Gmail account and Canvas.
- If you have trouble logging in, email [email protected], and we will follow up with you to ask further questions.
- Include both a current and a permanent mailing address. The diploma will be mailed to your permanent address.
Note: If you need to change the graduation quarter, email [email protected] with the updated quarter. The application will be deleted after two quarters if no change is requested.
Additional Degrees and/or Certificates
If you completed additional degrees and/or certificates the same quarter, you need to apply for those separately. Example: If you completed an associate’s degree and a high school diploma in the same quarter, you need to submit one graduation application per degree.
Your degree/certificate will be posted to your transcript approximately 4 to 6 weeks after final grades are posted. The initial diploma is free and typically mailed approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the end of a quarter. An electronic diploma will be available sooner.
- SVC charges a $10.00 replacement fee for diploma reorders.
- Parchment charges a $3.00 service fee plus standard shipping costs.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional charge.