Honoring Accomplishment


Honoring Accomplishment


Honoring Accomplishment

Graduation & Commencement


Graduation means being awarded a state-approved certificate or degree once all of the requirements for that degree/certificate have been successfully completed. 


Commencement is a ceremony in which students have the opportunity to celebrate their academic accomplishments.

Typically, Skagit Valley College holds commencement ceremonies at the end of spring quarter each year at the Mount Vernon and Whidbey Island Campuses, as well as the San Juan Center.

Students are eligible to participate in commencement if they are:

  • Within ten credits of completing their program, or
  • Two classes, or
  • One quarter of completing their degree and/or certificate (end of Summer Quarter, 2021), and
  • Have completed their graduation application by April 23, 2021.

Commencement for 2020-2021 will be held virtually for all campuses and centers on June 18th. When applying for graduation please check the box for commencement if you are interested in participating. You will then receive information about the virtual commencement and how it will work. If you have further questions about commencement, please email [email protected].

Watch the 2021 Virtual Commencement Ceremony

Apply to Graduate 

Please follow the steps outlined in the Graduation Application online at http://grad.skagit.edu. 

Diploma Application Deadline: It is recommended that students apply after they have registered for their final classes required to graduate. The application and initial diploma is free.

  • Addresses: Please include both a current and a permanent address. The diploma will be mailed to the permanent address.

All financial obligations to Skagit Valley College must be cleared before your diploma and/or the official transcript are mailed.

*If you did not complete the degree/certificate requirements, send an email to [email protected]  letting us know the quarter you plan on finishing. The application will be deleted after two quarters if no notification is provided.

Order a duplicate diploma by clicking “Re-Order” on the diploma application:

Diploma Information

Your degree/certificate will be posted to your transcript, usually 2-3 weeks after final grades are posted and the diplomas are mailed approximately 12 weeks after the end of a quarter.

High School Diploma 

Skagit Valley College may award an individual who is over 21 years of age, and who satisfactorily completes an associate degree, a high school diploma upon request from the student. If you are over 21, have earned your associate degree, and have not earned a high school diploma, be sure to apply for your high school diploma.

Duplicate Diplomas 

Did you lose your diploma? You may request a duplicate diploma. The fee is $10.00 for each additional copy. Contact the Cashiers Office at 360.416.7805 for payment.

Order a duplicate diploma by clicking “Re-Order” on the diploma application:


Still have questions regarding Graduation?

English language icon Spanish language icon Chinese language icon (Simplified) Chinese language icon (Traditional) Japanese language icon Vietnamese language icon Ukrainian language icon Korean language iconRussian language icon