Course Placement

Welcome, students!

Course Placement

Students Welcome

Course Placement

Students Welcome

The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for the role of support personnel in the hospital, clinical, home health care agencies, mail-order and retail pharmacies. Working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist, Pharmacy Technicians provide assistance to the pharmacist in a variety of tasks involving the packaging, distribution, compounding, labeling, and recording of drugs.

Credit by Exam: (Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, Cambridge, CLEP)

Advanced Placement Test Scores

Entering students who have taken an Advanced Placement (AP) exam should have the official College Board transcript showing their results sent to Skagit Valley College. Skagit Valley College offers credit for any AP test with a score of 3 or above and placement based on math and/or English AP exams.

Entering students who have completed AP courses but who have not taken the AP exam must place into SVC courses by another method.

View Skagit Valley College AP equivalences on our online Catalog.

4.60.14 Advanced Placement: Washington state community and technical colleges will award unrestricted elective credit for an Advanced Placement (AP) score of 3 or higher. Credit will be awarded on the basis official AP results, not transcript notation. Credits granted for general education or major requirements will be specified by the receiving institution’s AP credit policies; otherwise, elective credit will be granted.

Cambridge International

Skagit Valley College will grant a minimum elective credit for each Cambridge International Examination for A-level exam with a passing grade or above for approved examinations. Credit will be awarded on the basis of official Cambridge International Examination results, not transcript notation. Duplicate credit for the same subject taken on different exams will not be granted. No grades are posted for A-level exams.

College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Non-traditional credits include credit by nationally standardized tests such as College Level Examination Program (CLEP).  Students who request to be tested in a specific subject area using a nationally standardized test (such as the College Level Examination Program and score at or above the national reference standard or at a minimum level which shall be decided by the various departments.

In order to use CLEP exams for placement, please request official transcripts and submit a Transcript Evaluation Request.

English Spanish Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Japanese Vietnamese Ukrainian KoreanRussian