Continuity & Community EducationDiscover New Passions
Community EducationDiscover New Passions
The Pharmacy Technician program prepares students for the role of support personnel in the hospital, clinical, home health care agencies, mail-order and retail pharmacies. Working under the direction of a licensed pharmacist, Pharmacy Technicians provide assistance to the pharmacist in a variety of tasks involving the packaging, distribution, compounding, labeling, and recording of drugs.
Registration Now Open for online Community and Kids' College Summer 2020!
Learning Online is Easy!
We are excited to launch a new online learning opportunity designed just for you!
eCCE provides you with learning and engagement workshops without the stress of tests or credits. And, with eCCE, you can engage in instructor-led or self-paced learning in a variety of subject areas!
Signing up for eCCE is easy! Simply select your desired course in the Course Catalog, register and pay online! Upon registration, you will receive an email with your SVC Student Identification number (SID) and PIN, as well as instructions on how to activate your Skagit Valley College email address. The SVC email address will give you access to our Canvas webpage (link below) where you will be participating in your workshop(s).
Instructions: What you need to set up your account:
- Student ID: Your Student ID, or SID, is a 9-digit number. You will receive an email after you register for your eCCE course with your SID; you can also find it at: www.skagit.edu/checkmysid.
- Personal Identification Number: Your default Personal Identification Number, or PIN, is your birthday in mmddyy format. For example, January 1, 2007 would be: 010107.
Accessing your Email:
Every student is provided with a free email account. This account is the primary communication tool for official college communications and the way to access your online course.
- Go to the MySVC page
- Click on “My Email” at the top of the page.
- Enter your MySVC Email: Your SVC email is the first initial of your first name, your full last name, followed by the last 4 digits of your student identification number (SID). Example: [email protected]. Not working? Click here to verify your username/email here
- Enter your password
- The first time accessing MySVC email the student will be required to enter a distorted combination of letters and numbers. Contact SOS if you have problems entering it.
- MySVC email is powered by Google Gmail. Click on the “Help” link in the top right of the page once logged in for assistance directly from Google.
- Your MySVC email account can be accessed from your phone or other device.
Accessing your online course
SVC uses Canvas for our online classes. Canvas can be accessed from most devices with internet access.
- Use your MySVC email address
- Use self-created password
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I create (or change) a password?
In order to log in to MySVC email, Canvas and on-campus computers, go to the MySVC webpage and use the Student Tool Box in the left corner to locate “Account Tools” and then select “Change MySVC Password”. Use this link to create your password.
I cannot log in to Canvas or MySVC email. What do I do?
If you have tried to log in three times and have been unsuccessful, your account will temporarily be locked for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes without additional attempts, your account will automatically be unlocked and you can try to log in again. If you do not want to wait or cannot log in successfully, you can change your password. Note: changing your password for Canvas will also change your MySVC email password. Use this link to change your password.
How do I get help with Canvas?
You can quickly search Canvas guides and report performance problems from anywhere within Canvas using the “Help” link located in the lower left of your screen. Canvas provides 24/7 support to students via phone or chat. For more information, see the Canvas guide. You can also contact SVC Student Online Support: Live Chat | Tel. 360.416.7770 | Email: [email protected].
What are the computer specifications for online courses?
This is a list of basic computer system requirements to use Canvas. It is always recommended to use the most up-to-date versions and better connections. Canvas will still run with the minimum specifications, but you may experience slow loading times. Recommended requirements.
On-Site Training for Business
Let us know your ideas
Not seeing a course you’d like to take? Interested in teaching an online course? Please fill out the form on the Contact page and let us know!