ECEAPEarly Childhood Education & Assistance Program
What is ECEAP?
The Early Childhood and Assistance Program (ECEAP) is funded and supported by the Washington State of Children, Youth and Families. In 1985, the state invested in a comprehensive early childhood education program to support the healthy development and future success of Washington’s children. Parents, program staff and the contracting agency (Skagit Valley College) work together to serve families and meet the needs of local communities. Centers are located in Anacortes, Oak Harbor, Coupeville and Langley.
Eligibility for ECEAP Services
ECEAP children must be 3 years old but not yet 5 years old on August 31st of the school year, and:
- From a family with income at or below 36% of the state median income (SMI), which includes all children in foster care and all families with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) grants,
- Is a tribal child defined by rule from Washington State federally recognized tribes and DCYF, and from a family with income at or below 100% SMI,
- On Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for special education,
- Experiencing homelessness, or
- Has participated in:
- Early ECEAP,
- Early Head Start (EHS),
- Early Support for Infants and Toddlers ESIT) or received class C developmental services from another state, or
- Early Childhood Intervention and Prevention Services (ECLIPSE)
- Some children may be accepted who are over the income limit, if they have developmental or environmental factors.
Dedicated to serve our communities and cultivate success of students, families, and staff by providing an authentic, inclusive, comprehensive, nurturing and supportive environment.
To Prepare children and support families for lifetime of learning
- North Whidbey Site & Main Office – Oak Harbor: 1051 NE 21st Court, Oak Harbor WA 98277 tel: 360.679.5348
- Central Whidbey Site – Coupeville: 180 Parker Road, Coupeville, WA 98239 tel: 360.682.6379
- South Whidbey Site – Langley: 5830 S. Maxwelton Road, Langely, WA 98260 tel: 360.221.6808 x 2701
- Anacortes Site: 2201 H Ave. Anacortes, WA 98221 tel: 360.873.8167