TRIO Student Support Services

Achieve Academic Success

TRiO Student Support Services

Achieve Academic Success

TRiO Student Support Services

Achieve Academic Success

TRIO Office Hours

Monday – Friday: 8am - 5pm
Saturday – Sunday: Closed



facebook icon


The TRIO Student Support Services Program is a federally funded grant program that assists eligible students who want to excel in college but may have backgrounds that make their task difficult or challenging.

Get Started

Please complete and submit one of the below applications. If you have an additional questions, please email us at [email protected], or call:

Mount Vernon Campus: 360.416.7636
Whidbey Island Campus: 360.679.5393

TRIO Student Support Service Program Application:

If you are a faculty or staff member at SVC that would like to recommend a student to the TRIO program, please fill out a TRIO Referral Form. The TRIO staff will receive this referral and reach out to the student directly with more information about the program and the TRIO application.

What Makes Our Program Effective?

Personal attention:
You will get to know our staff personally and get individual attention when difficulties arise because we limit the number of students we serve for just this reason.

Unique services:
You will find help here that is not found elsewhere on campus.

Comprehensive services:
Our staff will introduce you to people and programs, on and off campus, that can help you when we are not able to.

Opportunities for excellence:
Our focus is helping you achieve academic excellence.

A student meeting one-on-one with a TRiO Counselor

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible to participate in TRIO Student Support Services (SSS), a student must meet all of the following criteria:

US Citizen: Be a US Citizen, US National (includes natives of American Samoa or Swains Island), or US Permanent Resident with a Form I-551, I-151, I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card), also known as a green card.

High school diploma or GED: Possess a high school diploma or GED.

Transfer to a four-year college: Be highly motivated with a demonstrated need for support and intention to transfer to a four-year college immediately after completing Skagit Valley College degree.

One or more: Identify as one or more of the following groups:

First generation: First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).

Low-income: Low-income according to Federal Standards (students may be required to provide proof of income status; if under age 24 and single, income information may be required from parents).

Documented disability: Have a documented physical or learning disability.

A group of TRiO Students in class
English language icon Spanish language icon Chinese language icon (Simplified) Chinese language icon (Traditional) Japanese language icon Vietnamese language icon Ukrainian language icon Korean language iconRussian language icon