Financial Aid

Helping you finance your education

Financial Aid

Helping you finance your education

Financial Aid

Helping you finance your education

Check Your Financial Aid Status Here!

FAFSA Applicants: Your Username is your Social Security Number

WASFA Applicants: Your Username is your 9-digit WASFA User ID.

Your Password is your six-digit Date of Birth (mmddyy)

Complete the Federal Direct Loan Application

Click here to get started on filling out the Federal Direct Loan application for 2018 – 2019.

Work Study Jobs

Click here for a list of available on-campus work study jobs and view instructions for how to apply with each department.

Financial Aid Disbursement Partner Information

In compliance with Department of Education regulations, provided is a link to our contract establishing a Tier One arrangement with BankMobile Disbursements.


Congratulations on your decision to pursue your education at Skagit Valley College! Whether you are an adult returning to school or a recent high school graduate, there is a lot to consider when you are thinking about college. Your education is an investment of time, effort and money.

We have good news! Skagit Valley College offers numerous programs and services to assist you with funding your education. We encourage you to explore the list of programs and resources below to help determine what funding options may be available to you.

Financial Aid

The Financial Aid Office seeks to provide financial assistance to all students, in order to ensure everyone has the opportunity to achieve his or her educational goals. Eligible students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine eligibility for all federal, state, and institutional grants and student loans. Students with HB1079 or DACA status are eligible to complete the Washington Application for Student Financial Aid (WASFA), for consideration of state and institutional aid.

For more information on which application to use and how the Financial Aid Office can assist you with maximizing your financial resources:

WorkForce Grants

WorkForce Grants offers multiple scholarships, resource referrals, and advising support for your training and education, including Professional-Technical training, High School completion, GED, or English Language Acquisition. Each funding program has different criteria to qualify but we’ve made it easy for you to apply for them all with just one application.

Workforce Grants:

Veterans Education Benefits

Whether you are on active duty, in the reserves, a veteran, or a dependent of someone in the military, the Veterans Education Office can assist you with applying for and utilizing your VA education benefits.

Veterans Education Benefits:

SVC Foundation Scholarships

Each year Skagit Valley College Foundation offers a wide variety of scholarships to all SVC students. In order to be eligible for these scholarships, students must be enrolled (or plan to be enrolled) in a certificate or degree program in the academic year following the application period. Applying is easy and entirely online! Applications are available online from December through early-March.

SVC Foundation Scholarships:

Cardinal Complete

The Cardinal Complete Program offers scholarship support to cover the cost of tuition and fees for students who are within 15 credits of completion of an eligible degree or certificate program. In addition to being within 15 quarters of completion, a student must not owe a debt to SVC or be on Financial Aid Suspension to qualify. Awards and eligibility are subject to the availability of funds.

 For more information contact Katelynn Orellana:

Emergency Assistance

The Student Emergency Assistance Fund is available if you are at risk of not continuing your education due to unexpected financial dilemmas. Funding is available only for sudden, urgent, or unforeseen occurrences that require immediate attention and would impact your ability to stay at SVC to complete your educational goals.

Emergency Assistance:

Childcare Funding Assistance

The Childcare Assistance fund can assist you with the cost of out-of-pocket dependent care expenses for dependents residing with you during the academic year.

Childcare Assistance:

Financial Aid without a High School Diploma or GED (Ability to Benefit)

Students without a High School Diploma or GED who are participating in a financial aid eligible degree or certificate program that is considered an eligible career pathway may qualify for federal and/or state financial aid. This support is referred to as Ability to Benefit (AtB). AtB has the potential to support students in pursuit of postsecondary education and training/credentials needed for careers in high-demand occupations.

For more information, call Counseling and Advising to schedule an appointment:

Running Start

Juniors and Seniors within Washington State can enroll in the Running Start program at Skagit Valley College. Running Start covers the cost of tuition for college-level (100 or higher) classes up to 15 college-level credits per quarter. Students are responsible to pay for all fees, books, supplies, and other materials required for the class. Running Start students who qualify for free or reduced lunches in their school districts may show proof of eligibility and may be exempted from the fees attached to the courses covered by Running Start.

Find out how you can apply for Running Start:

English Spanish Chinese (Simplified) Chinese (Traditional) Japanese Vietnamese Ukrainian KoreanRussian