Office of Equity & InclusionPursuing Inclusive Excellence
The Office for Equity and Inclusion (OEI) leads and facilitates the development of institutional policies and protocols intended to create a more representative, equitable and inclusive Skagit Valley College.The OEI partners with campus departments and units to create inclusive and equitable educational opportunities for all students, faculty and professional staff.
With a collaborative approach to diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, the Office for Equity and Inclusion will serve as the primary college resource for:
- Hispanic Serving Institution Status and Initiatives
- Equity and Social Justice Committee
- Parent Leadership Courses
- Escuela de Padres
- Liderazgo, Equidad y Abogacia
- DEI Legisative Mandates and Information
- DEI Professional Development for faculty and staff
- Inclusive Excellence
- Development and implementation of DEI programming for students, faculty and our local communities
- Bias Incident Reporting
- External and local community partnerships
As well as the identification and analysis of best practices and national trends related to access, achievement, inclusion, intercultural competencies, diversity and equity.