On Campus HousingNorthwest-style living, right on campus
Information for Students & Family
Disclaimer: Campus View Village reserves the right to deny or cancel housing applications for any reason within the confines of Fair Housing Act regulations and Skagit Valley College policy. Should an application be declined, the Director of Residence Life or designee will submit to the applicant a detailed explanation of the justification for declining the housing application.
1. Information for Prospective Residents
The Application Process:
To be considered for housing at Campus View Village, prospective residents must submit a completed Campus View Village application and a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 to the Campus View Village office. Please note that the Campus View Village application process is entirely separate from application processes for admission to Skagit Valley College, residency in International Student Homestay, or other institutionally-supported programs.
- Complete the application found online and submit to the Campus View Village office.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $100.00 to the Campus View Village office.
- Wait for a confirmation email from Campus View Village staff confirming your placement on the waitlist (waitlists occur year-round) and timeline for room offers.
- If you receive a room offer, you will be given a firm deadline to accept or decline your room.
- If you accept your room, submit a refundable security deposit fo $225.00 to the Campus View Village office by stated deadline in order to confirm and reserve your room.
- Schedule your move-in with the Campus View Village office. Please note that Campus View Village dictates move-in dates that align with the Skagit Valley College class schedule.
Tours and Additional Questions:
To schedule a tour (if available) or to speak with a representative of the Campus View Village team, please contact the Residence Life office at 360.416.7650 during regular business hours
2. Information for Current Residents
Renewing Your Lease:Approximately 30–45 calendar days prior to the end of the academic quarter (last day of finals week), you will be given an Intent to Renew notice in your mailbox. You must decide whether you intend to stay in CVV for the following quarter or move-out at the end of the current quarter.
- If you choose to stay, you do not have to move out. Depending on the needs of the community, you may be required to move to a new apartment or bedroom.
- If you choose to move out but return, you will need to schedule a specific and exact move-out day and time. You will then be placed on the waitlist for the quarter you intend to return. Your security deposit will not be refunded until/unless you contact our office and cancel your waitlist placement. Cancellations after acceptance of a room within 30 calendar days before move-in will result in a forfeiture of your security deposit.
- If you choose to move out and not return, you will need to schedule a specific and exact move-out day and time. You will then be eligible to receive your security deposit in the mail within 21 days after you move out.
Paying Rent and Fees:
Rent prices and deadlines can be found online. All payments can be made online using a Visa or MasterCard. Cash, checks, and money orders can be accepted at the Cashier’s window on the first floor of Lewis Hall.
To schedule an appointment with the Director of Residence Life or Administrative Services Manager, please contact [email protected] or call 360.416.7650 during business hours.
For lockouts or assistance after-hours or on weekends, call the Resident Advisor at 360.708.0151.
To report a non-emergency incident, please call 360.416.7777, or file a report online at www.skagit.edu/report.
3. Information for Parents, Guardians, and Student Advocates
Campus View Village follows FERPA and HIPAA confidentiality guidelines. Therefore, Campus View Village staff may only be able to answer very general and broad questions about the community and not about a student’s specific application, residency, rent, or behavioral information.
If you would like the Campus View Village staff to be able to answer more specific questions, please ask the student to complete the Campus View Village Information Release Form. Please note that this form is separate from the Skagit Valley College Information Release Form, as issues arising in housing may be different from those arising in the classroom.